MIKE'S WEST END WORKSHOPS
Open to dance and drama schools all across the UK.
You can book Denman Theatre for either one a one off workshop or make regular workshop bookings.
We can also be booked to run or provide teachers for your Easter, Half Term, Summer and Winter schools.
Listed below are all the workshops Mike Denman offers, for more information on other workshops from other teachers or booking for more than a one off workshop email
- Revolting Children Junior and Senior versions (Fun high octane, high energy number from start to finish. Involves iconic Peter darling choreography & lots of character work)
- Loud Junior and Senior versions (Fantastically over the top salsa and Latin dance number and quite technical in parts)
Opening Senior (stylised Fosse number, a great ensemble piece- explores some of the lesser known Fosse steps. )
All That Jazz Senior (The quint essential stylised Fosse number)
Me And My Baby Senior (Quick, quirky, energetic Fosse number, plays with patterns & comedic timing)
Kiss Me Kate
- Too Darn Hot Senior (Great up tempo classic broadway piece, very technical and a lot of fun)
Saturday Night Fever
- Night Fever Junior and Senior versions (workshop is guaranteed to leave the room sweaty & smiling- jam packed with the best 70’s moves)
- Disco Inferno Junior and Senior versions (Really fun, fast, number that involves hustle partner work)
- Put A Lid On It (Junior and Senior versions (Really cool swing number with a modern edge) - Sing Sing Sing Senior (Great fast swing number filled with style & technique.
Wizard of Oz
- Merry Old Land Of Oz Junior (Junior workshop filled with character & a deep dive into the world of The Emerald City)
- Could It Be Magic Senior (Really quick, fast footwork has a more commercial edger) Musical Theatre Swing
- Boogie Bumper Senior (Awesome up beat very stylised number with big band music)
Tap Masterclass (Junior and Senior versions)
(Can include rhythm tap, classic broadway style or Mike’s more modern relaxed tap)
Jazz Masterclass (Junior and Senior versions)
(At your request Mike can focus more on style, technique, leaps and turns or picking up choreography within the class)
Double work Masterclass (Junior and Senior versions)
(The class can involve anything from basic partnering holds and grips to a one arm presage)
Acting Masterclass (Junior and Senior versions)
(Can involve Drama Games, Script work, Character work, auditioning technique and Improv)
Audition Technique (Junior and Senior versions)
(The kids will learn a routine with Mike and then have a Mock audition and Tips and corrections afterwards)
Workshop fees and time’s can be completely bespoke to your requirements but as a guide Mike suggests -
2 X 90 Minute workshops = £350
3 X 90 Minute workshops = £500 Travel is worked out at 30p per mile
Class size wise, ideally Mike prefers no more than 30 in each group, otherwise he feels that he can't give the students enough attention.
If you want to go ahead and book, throw a few dates our way and we’ll get back to you asap. If you need anymore info don't hesitate to ask.